So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—-that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.
-Colossians 3:1-2 (The Message)

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

There's no formula.

That's what I've been hearing from God for the past few days, through the mouths of many people. "There's no formula."

For the past week I had been a bit frustrated by my own lack of passion and boldness for the gospel which I claim to wholeheartedly believe. There was a part of me that really wanted to go all out --- sharing the gospel with strangers, praying for miracles, fasting with diligence --- but I couldn't figure out how to make the jump between what my life looked like at the moment and what I wanted it to be.

But God showed me some stuff.

First of all, there's no sense in thinking about who I want to be solely from an external perspective. The Bible says, "Man looks at outward appearance but God looks at the heart." That's a fundamental difference between how humans perceive eachother and how God perceives humans. If we want to find out about someone we look at their race, education, occupation/salary

11

No comments:

Post a Comment