So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—-that's where the action is. See things from his perspective.
-Colossians 3:1-2 (The Message)

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Resting in Love


God, I thank you that my obedience is not a requirement. It’s worship. My consistency is not even mandatory – it’s just glorifying to You. My lack of consistency, my failures, my shortcomings… they are all covered by the blood of Jesus Christ.

If I have to obey, it’s a burden. If I get to obey, it’s an opportunity to worship. Then there’s no striving involved… it’s just the love of the Father that compels me to worship. That’s why the Word says, if you love the Lord, you obey His commands. My obedience starts with love for God, not with expectations or standards for myself.

1 comment:

  1. true word. lord forgive me for being motivated by the standards and expectations I have created for myself rather the love for you which heals my heart when I miss the mark.

    ReplyDelete